Just about everyone suffers through an acne breakout at least once in their lives, but if they haven’t had to deal with cystic acne, they have no idea just how bad it can be. Cystic acne is one of the most severe types of acne – and it’s among the most common in teenage males and younger women.
If you think you may have cystic acne, you should probably go see your dermatologist. They can inspect your breakouts, maybe even take a bacteria culture, and determine whether of you’re one of the millions of Americans with cystic acne looking for a cystic acne home remedy.
But not all breakouts are cystic acne. To help fill you in on the differences, here are some of the most common forms:
- Acne Vulgaris: It is the most common type of acne which primarily affects teenagers and young adults.
- Infantile acne: It is common for older babies to develop infantile acne. It includes forms of blackheads and whiteheads.
- Newborn acne: This type of acne is often noticed in newborn babies. Undoubtedly, you might have seen a child with whiteheads dotting in her or his face – this is newborn acne.
- Acne fulminant: This acne appears on an individual’s torso. It is considered to be a highly frustrating type of acne because it is often accompanied by fevers and pain.
- Cystic acne: The most severe form of acne, cystic acne patches can take months or years to go away.
Causes of Cystic Acne
Before you can start treating acne, you need to identify what causes cystic acne in order to know which treatments are the most likely to work. Unfortunately, not all of the cystic acne causes have been identified. Which proper skin care and hygiene can help prevent cystic acne, experts have discovered that heredity plays a crucial role in a person’s chances of suffering from cystic acne during their life.
Cystic Acne Treatment
It is recommended that you visit a dermatologist if you suspect yourself of having cystic acne, or if you develop acne which is far bigger or more painful than usual. There are over-the-counter drugs which can help reduce cystic acne. For more effective medications which can eliminate it altogether, you’ll need a prescription.
Dermatologists commonly prescribe medications which force your overactive oil glands to shrink. This shrinkage will minimize or limit sebum production. Tetracycline if one form of antibiotic and an effective acne treatment which is commonly prescribed. There are other alternative cystic acne treatments you can also consider apart from the oral medications, including many home remedies that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Curing Cystic Acne
The individuals suffering from chronic cystic discovered the oral medication which stopped working after some time. In such situation, you can consider having a light therapy which will kill the acne bacteria whenever they are exposed. This type of treatment will also encourage regeneration of the skin to ensure you get a smoother and clearer complexion. However, you will have to get a real budget since light therapy treatment is not that cheap. This is not a primary cystic acne treatment choice.