Athlete’s foot is the most common fungal infection caused in the foot. It can become quite dangerous and deadly if not properly treated. So you should be equipped with the proper tools to treat athlete’s foot. You can go to the doctor to get rid of athlete’s foot or you can try the home remedies mentioned in this article:
Home Remedies For Athlete’s Foot:
The following are some remedies for the treatment of athlete’s foot:
- Get rid of Those Shoes – You should go barefoot whenever you are in a moist environment. But it isn’t possible to always go barefoot. However, you can take off your shoes at home or when sitting at the office. You should go barefoot at places where you are less likely to get cut and otherwise wear the best work boots for flat feet you can find.
- Don’t Bleach – You should avoid bleaching when you have athlete’s foot because the strong solvents and chemicals present in bleach can worsen your condition.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda can kill the bacteria with its anti-bacterial properties. It prevents the moisture in the feet and controls the fungal activities. Simply rub baking soda on your feet. After that, wear socks and shoes to keep your feet dry. Repeat this process regularly.
- Use Betadine – If there is too much redness in your feet, it is possible that you are suffering from a bacterial infection along with fungal infection. You should wet your feet in two capfuls of betadine and half gallon of water. After that, dry your feet and put on some comfortable insoles and inserts.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Applying apple cider vinegar is a good remedy to get rid of athlete’s foot. Simply mix one cup of apple cider vinegar with 1/2 gallon water. Now soak your feet in the solution for about 30 minutes.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is quite helpful for soothing any kind of fungal infection. Acidophilus bacterium is found in fresh yogurt which helps to prevent fungal infection. To apply yogurt on the affected area, simply take some yogurt and apply it on your feet with your fingers. Leave it for two minutes. Now wash the yogurt from the feet and completely dry it. Repeat this process at least twice a day.
- Lemon – Washing feet with lemon juice will help get rid of the bad smell which accompanies athlete’s foot. Simply add 1/2 cup lemon juice to 10 cups of water. Mix it well and put your feet in the solution for about 15 minutes. Repeat the process three times a day.
- Onions – Onions have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which helps in treating athlete’s foot. It stops the spreading of the infection. To use onion, simply crush two onions to form a paste. Now obtain the juice using a strainer and apply it on the affected area. Leave it for half an hour and wash the area with water. After that, dry the area and put on the best work boots for plantar fasciitis.
- Salt – Salt helps in killing the fungus which causes skin infection. However, you shouldn’t use it if you have open wounds. Simply add 6 teaspoon salt in a quarter gallon of water. Mix the solution and soak your feet in it. Now take your feet out and dry them thoroughly.
- Neem Oil – Organic neem oil is quite toxic for harmful organisms. Just apply neem oil with a cotton oil on the affected area.
Now you know that food has a greater purpose other than just for eating. So don’t waste your food and use these home remedies to get rid of athlete’s foot.