The turbo chargers are often found with screeching sound. This can be the reason of face to face vibration of exhaust gasket. The gasket cans are usually multi-layer steel shim. When the projection gets twisted or become loosen, vibration takes place between the fix surfaces which lead to the screeching noise. But don’t get confused with gasket leak because it will give a buzz like sound. But the Turbocharger Review will give a smooth whistle.
Turbochargers are now used in many passenger cars and also with the diesel engines. This is because it improves the performance of the car engine. Though it has a lot of advantages, it has disadvantages too. One of that is the whistling sound of the holset hx30. If this happens to the passenger cars, it may lead to the discomfort of the passengers. This continuous whistle sound is never liked by anyone. In passenger cars the whistling noise is caused due to unbalanced forces. The reason of the noise can easily be identified by the driver. As this problem may cause discomfort and lots of complains are lodged, that is why the manufacturers are trying to reduce the whistling noise. They are now manufacturing the turbo in such a way so that the noise gets reduced. As it has been discussed earlier that noise can be caused due to the balancing problem, manufacturer are giving efforts to reduce the unbalancing forces. They are trying to give correct balance to all the rotating parts. That’s why the chance of noisy turbo has reduced very much.
But one thing needs to be remembered is that, with the improvement the manufacturing cost goes higher.
Pulsation whistle is caused by slight differences in the volumes of compressor wheel chamber due to milling or molding process variations. Its frequency ranges from 1,200 to 4,500 Hz and occurs when the engine rotation is in the range of 1,500 to 3,500 rpm, usually in second gear. It is also the result of the number of these unequal compressor wheel chambers.
Rotational noise is the result of the compressor or turbine’s rotating blade. This makes a very high frequency noise. But this noise do not cause any discomfort to human ears as this sound remain inaudible. But animals can hear it sharply.
A quick look on the cause of noise and solution
- When holset hx35 gets damaged: In that case you have to replace and repair the turbo.
- Air pipe can get leaked: In that case hoses need to be checked to see whether there is any split.
- You have to alter the engine oil or replace the turbo when the carbon build up is found in the turbo bearing house.
- When exhaust system get blocked: In that case either you have to replace catalyst converter or silencer.
- Change the gasket when the exhaust gas starts leaking. Also see whether the bolt is tight enough.
- Air pipe into turbo restrict: Simply change the pipe.
- See whether the intercooler and hoses are leaking. If so, then simply replace them.
So from next time if you find that your car is making some awkward sound then simply check the above reason.